Innovate is a Bachelors of Arts teacher preparation program that is designed for candidates who are interested in teaching Elementary Education (K-8) with a English Language Learners Endorsement and a focus in Elementary STEM education. Innovate is a five-semester program, with courses offered in the evening. Candidates must have attempted all three sub tests (Math, Reading, and Writing) of the WEST-B exams, or obtained a waiver through the Teacher Preparation Exceptions Committee.
Upon satisfactory completion of all requirements for a B.A. in Education, Heritage will recommend the candidate for certification for a Washington State Residency Teacher Certificate. The certificate will include all endorsements earned at that time of application.
Teacher Preparation Admission Requirements
Attempted all three sub tests of the WEST-B (math, reading, and writing) prior to program start.
- Undergraduate students must have an Associate of Arts–Direct Transfer Agreement (AA-DTA) or equivalency.
- Minimum of 2.8 GPA for last 30 semester (45 quarter) credits for program entry.
- Completed Application to the University
- Complete Application Packet for College of Education.
- Signed Declaration of Major.
- Received WATCH background clearance.
Teacher Preparation Program Requirements
- Maintain a minimum of 3.0 throughout program.
- Clear Moral Character and Personal Fitness–WAC 181-86 and 181-87 and RCW 28-A.410.
- Pass the appropriate NES/WEST-E (s).
- Pass the appropriate edTPA.