HUAccelerate: An Alternate Path to Teacher Certification
Heritage University’s Accelerate program is an alternate route (4) to obtain a Master in Teaching. This pathway to certification requires that individuals currently possess a Bachelor’s degree. Upon completion, candidates will be prepared for a K-8 endorsement with a second endorsement in either Special Education or BLE/ESL.
Teacher candidates can either be recommended to this program, through Heritage University or by our school district partners. Candidates who meet all the requirements and complete a successful interview will be able to complete their program in three semesters, with ongoing support from Heritage University and district-identified mentors.
HUAccelerate Admissions Requirements:
- Apply for Graduate admission to Heritage University
- Apply for admission to Heritage University’s Teacher Preparation Program
- Successfully pass the Washington Educators Skills Test-Basic (West-B) subtests in reading, writing and, math (requires scores to be reported to Heritage University. SAT or ACT exemptions may apply.)
- Successfully pass both subtests of the NES required for K-8 certification (102 & 103)
- Be hired by a participating school district during the interview process