The Business Administration Department is designed to prepare students to investigate the fundamentals of business, with emphasis on understanding the social and economic environments in which we live, as well as preparing students for the challenging roles and opportunities in the management and administration of complex organizations. The curriculum objectives will enable students to be competent and competitive and to function in both the public and private sectors. Students will learn the applications of business principles in a free market economy. All students in the program will receive computer instruction enabling them to become computer literate. Upper-division students will be required to have access to laptop computers.
At the upper-division level, students choose a concentration in one of the following areas: Administration-entrepreneurship, finance, human resource management, or marketing. These concentrations will enhance the student’s knowledge in his or her pursuit of a career-directed program designed by the student and his or her advisor. Our emphasis at Heritage University is to provide quality learning experiences via classroom instruction with professionals who, in addition to their advanced degrees, have current practical experience in these fields. We encourage our students to participate in job shadowing and internship programs.
Learning Outcomes for Business Administration Graduates
- Students will be able to identify and analyze business problems and appropriate solutions.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively and professionally in business settings by writing, speaking, listening, and using electronic media.
- Students will be able to demonstrate good working habits, time management skills, and self-discipline.
- Students will be able to demonstrate working effectively, respectfully, and professionally with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Students will be able to recognize and respond appropriately to ethical and strategic concerns relating to organizational management.
- Students will be able to demonstrate application of accounting concepts and methods to interpret financial statements and evaluate the financial position and performance of an organization.
- Students will be able to demonstrate keen understanding of global issues and an awareness of the interrelationship of wider perspectives necessary for success in integrated local and global economies.
- Students will be able to demonstrate a grasp of the wider economic and ethical implications of effective business practices.
- Students will have developed affective and appropriate numeracy. Skill to indentify and be guided to appropriate business solutions.
What kinds of jobs are available for business administration graduates?
- Marketing manager
- Sales manager
- Human resources
- Production manager
- General manager
- General manager
Degrees and Programs Offered
The Business Administration Department offers courses to complete the following degrees and programs:
ProgramsAssociate of ArtsBachelor of ArtsCertificate
CoursesBusiness AdministrationEconomicsFinanceHealth Care Administration